Mystery and History
On Monday, August 9, I will guest post on Nicole Miller’s blog, To the Heart of History. She’s running a fun series on “The Story Behind the Story,” how certain novels have come to be. I’ll talk about timing and give you an idea of how long my novel, Waiting for Yesterday, has been in the works.
In the meantime, do you…
Want a shiver to run up your spine? Want a peek at the “good ol’ days?” Check out some of the newly released inspirational fiction from American Christian Fiction Writers authors.
- Assignment: Bodyguard; CHAIM series, Book Four by Lenora Worth — A Suspense/Mystery/Thriller from Steeple Hill. Fast-paced romantic suspense.
- Be Not Afraid; The Samantha Cain Series Book 1 by Deborah Lynne — A Suspense/Mystery/Thriller from OakTara Publishing. Samantha Cain witnesses a serial killer in action and is now his next target.
- Fear No Evil by Robin Caroll — A Suspense/Mystery/Thriller from B&H. A new policeman must protect a young social worker from big-city gangs making their evil way down south.
- Killing Time by K. Dawn Byrd — A Suspense/Mystery/Thriller from Desert Breeze. “I was framed!” Drew Stone has heard it before, so why is he tempted to believe Mindy when she tells him the same thing?
- Lost Island Smugglers; The Sam Cooper Adventure Series – Book # 1 by Max Anderson — A Suspense/Mystery/Thriller from Port Yonder Press. Three boys, a monster storm, Lost Island, and smugglers?
- Beautiful Bandit by Loree Lough — An historical from Whitaker House. An old-fashioned “Wild West” tale that puts trust, faith, family loyalty, and love to the ultimate test.
- Hope’s Promise; The Sierra Chronicles, Book 2 by Tammy Barley — A Romance from Whitaker House. While trying to prove their unconditional love for each other, the Bennetts must defend against attacks, deeply rooted doubts, and an unknown force that could destroy all they hold dear.
- Mission of Hope by Allie Pleiter — Romance from Love Inspired Historical. The gallant, romantic sequel to Pleiter’s San Francisco historical, “Masked by Moonlight,” featuring an unlikely hero helping the city heal from it’s massive earthquake.
- Surrender The Heart; Surrender to Destiny, Book 1 by MaryLu Tyndall — An Historical from Barbour. A lady, desperate to save her family and a man, desperate to please his, are caught in the brink of a war that could change the course of history forever.
- Twilight Seranade; Book 3 by Tracie Peterson — An Historical from Bethany. Britta Lindquist must decide whether to settle for a peaceful future or fight for the love of her life.
Next week, I’ll give the straight romances and general fiction you’ll find on bookshelves for the first time.
Which books in this post did you add to your “must read” list?
(Monthly releases are compiled by the ACFW organization and reprinted here with permission.)
I love Tracie Peterson, so consider that added to my “must read” list. Thanks, Sandy!
Definitely want to read Killing Time and Fear No Evil!
I’ve read quite a few of Tracie Peterson’s books, but don’t think I’ve read this series. Fear No Evil sounds interesting, too. Loree Lough’s Beautiful Bandit appeals to me.