July 2017 All Around the Web
Sandra Ardoin @SandraArdoin
This month’s post contains links I hope you can use in your life’s journey, whether it involves faith, reading, or writing.
- “Relationship is the genesis of life. Power. Empathy. Compassion.” A blog post called The Downside to Knowledge by Robin Gilbert Luftig.
- “Are you feeling invisible today? Unnoticed and unseen, desperate for someone to meet you exactly where you are?” ~ Devotion on the Proverbs 31 blog
- Who are you thankful TO? When someone asks you what you’re thankful for, what do you tell them?
- This is one I haven’t read yet, but this review by Embassie of Roseanna White’s A Name Unknown made it sound intriguing.
- This post from author Philip Yancey about his inability to read and its connection to technology is long, but interesting. Are you feeling more scattered through technology?
- Here’s something a little different this month. Instead a of blogpost link, I’m including this video from Robin Hatcher sharing her advice for writing when we just can’t seem to get the words out. It’s something I’ve experienced and something I think every writer does at one time or another. [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRrzeFlFB3M&w=560&h=315]
- Life/work balance has been a big part of this year’s theme for me, and this post from Writers in the Storm goes right along with it. Loved the quote from the Coca-Cola exec.
- Some of my best ideas come when I’m away from the computer. It was nice to read this Southern Writers “Suite T” article by Joy Ross Davis and know I’m not the only one who finds inspiration in an odd place. 🙂
I liked Robin’s thoughts. I can’t get the one on Christian fiction and direction to load though …
Thanks for letting me know, Jennifer. I’m taking that one off and making a note to myself to ALWAYS include the blog I found the article on. 🙁 Glad you enjoyed Robin’s post!