February 2017: Around the Web
Sandra Ardoin @SandraArdoin
Whether you’re a reader, writer, or need a little inspiration in your day, here are a few of the posts I’ve found interesting this month. Maybe you will too, so…
Inspiration and Encouragement
- An inspiring post: Fitness & Worship with Courtney Jarus on the Not Without My Morning Coffee blog.
- Are you having trouble getting through the rough patches? Here’s Henry McLaughlin’s take on The Write Conversation.
In the Stack
- Carrie Schmidt from Reading is My Superpower wrote an excellent post aimed at authors, publishers/agents, and readers. Check out Top Ten Tuesdays: Things I Wish Christian Fiction (and its readers) Did More Often.
- D. L. Kamstra’s review of Moving Target, Lynette Eason’s third book in the Elite Guardians series. I’ve reviewed the first two: Always Watching and Without Warning.
- On The Write Life, a debut novelist reviews what did and didn’t work during her first year marketing her novel.
- Are you frittering away your writing time? Well, if not, you should be, and Tina Radcliffe gives you ten humorous ways to do it on the Seekerville blog.
- Do you hide your identity as a romance writer and/or reader because you feel you’ll be looked down on? In this post, historical romance author Jody Hedlund gives you four reasons to be proud of your writing.
- I love a story filled with emotion. In this article from Writers Digest, David Corbett provides insight into ways we strike that emotional chord with readers.
Thanks so much for highlighting my post!
Hope you can get to Moving Target soon! It’s by far been my favorite of the series.
It was a pleasure to do so. We just got the book in the church library, so it’s definitely at the top of my list. 🙂
Good morning, Sandra! I love this new post. I love sharing and networking. This year, I’m going to share a post each month called Sharing the Love. I will post them on the last Tuesday of the month. Giving the reader something they can enjoy, and helping the writer in the process, is a win-win situation! Enjoyed this post!! Thanks for sharing!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Gail! Every once in a while we have to shake things up, right? 🙂 Every day, I see posts tweeted from friends on Twitter that are informative, and we can’t read every interesting blog every day, So, yes, it’s great to share! I’m looking forward to the next post in your new series!
Thanks so much for the shout-out! 🙂
You’re very welcome! Great article, Carrie!